SGMP National Events
February 17, 2022 - 10 a.m. (PT)
March 17, 2022 10 a.m. (PT)
April 21, 2022 10 a.m. (PT)
June 14-16, 2022 - Pittsburgh, PA
WHO WILL BE THE LUCKY WINNER??
The Golden State Chapter of the Society of Government Meeting Professionals congratulates the newly installed Board of Directors for the upcoming
President, Marilee Moon-Vanni
CA Department of Health Care Services
1st Vice President, Kendall House
Dairy Council of California
2nd Vice President, Christine Consunji
Great Wolf Lodge, Garden Grove-Anaheim
Secretary, Crystal Spencer
California Attorney General's Office
Treasurer, Narimel Tarver
Government Planner, Tom Hirano,
Internal Revenue Service
Supplier, Kris Keesling
Lake Tahoe Resort at Heavenly
Contract Planner, Lorena Moore
The terms of office will run from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2023.
Immediate Past President, Karen Charest
Chief Motivating Officer
GREAT WOLF LODGE
GARDEN GROVE - ANAHEIM
12681 Harbor Blvd Garden Grove CA 92840
Adaptable meeting spaces and state-of-the-art conference rooms, fully-invested-in-your-success sales professionals and total event seamlessness, it’s easy to combine productivity with enjoy-ability and bring groups together for a memorable escape.
CAPITOL EVENT CENTER
1020 11th St. Sacramento CA 95814
SGMP was founded in 1981 and is the only national organization in the United States dedicated exclusively to government meetings.
The SGMP mission is to enhance and promote the expertise of government meeting professionals. Our objectives are to improve the quality of, and promote the cost-effectiveness of, government meetings.
Everyone loves a party, and there’s nothing like the good-time atmosphere at California’s top events. Here, you’ll find festivals, fairs, competitions, and championships worth adding to your itinerary or making destinations in themselves. Escape to food and wine extravaganzas in bucket-list destinations like Napa Valley and Yosemite. Take part in rock-the-world music festivals like Coachella near Palm Springs or Outside Lands in San Francisco.
Take part in rock-the-world music festivals like Coachella near Palm Springs or Outside Lands in San Francisco. See the stars walk by at film festivals and award shows in Los Angeles, whoop it up with the kids at classic country fairs in the Central Valley and watch ultimate athletes take on monster waves at Maverick’s or zoom across the state in Amgen Tour of California.
While many events have plenty of space for all, some, such as Laguna Beach’s Pageant of the Masters, often sell out well in advance, so pre-planning is essential (check websites for details on tickets and dates).
Set on an iconic stretch of the Central California coast, Monterey County has an abundance of beautiful wide-open spaces and unique places to accommodate government meetings from 10 to 3,000 attendees. The Monterey County CVB looks forward to being your liaison to customize the destination’s diverse venues and activities for your programs.
Recent Renovations and Updates:
• A remodel of Carmel Mission Inn’s 165 guest rooms and meeting space was completed in April 2020 and renovation of courtyard, lobby and restaurant estimated to be completed by late Spring 2021.
• Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa increased inventory for a total of 560 newly renovated guest rooms and suites, along with redesigned restaurant, public spaces and new front entrance.
• Monterey Marriott has redesigned its 341 guest rooms and spacious suites to incorporate contemporary room décor.
• Portola Hotel & Spa’s newly renovated 379 guest rooms feature coastal inspired décor and upgraded amenities.
• Monterey Conference Center has secured the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR Facility Accreditation, which recognizes facilities that have the work practices, procedures and protocols in place to prepare, respond to and recover from outbreaks and pandemics.
For more information refer to www.MeetinMonterey.com and meeting planner microsite www.seemonterey.com/planner-resources